Tahoe Hotel Deal
- A poker game that is similar to Texas Hold'em or Pineapple, each player receives three cards face down before the flop. The player may use none, one or two cards of the three, but not all three to make the best five card poker hand with the board.
- The SS Tahoe was a steamship that operated on Lake Tahoe at the end of the 19th century and first half of the 20th. Scuttled in 1940, the wreck presently lies in 400 feet of water off Glenbrook, Nevada.
- Lake Tahoe is a large freshwater lake in the Sierra Nevada mountains of the United States. At a surface elevation of , it is located along the border between California and Nevada, west of Carson City, Nevada. Lake Tahoe is the largest alpine lake in North America.
- An establishment providing accommodations, meals, and other services for travelers and tourists
- A hotel is an establishment that provides paid lodging on a short-term basis. The provision of basic accommodation, in times past, consisting only of a room with a bed, a cupboard, a small table and a washstand has largely been replaced by rooms with modern facilities, including en-suite
- a building where travelers can pay for lodging and meals and other services
- In French contexts an hotel particulier is an urban "private house" of a grand sort. Whereas an ordinary maison was built as part of a row, sharing party walls with the houses on either side and directly fronting on a street, an hotel particulier was often free-standing, and by the eighteenth
- A code word representing the letter H, used in radio communication
- cover: act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
- Distribute (cards) in an orderly rotation to the players for a game or round
- a particular instance of buying or selling; "it was a package deal"; "I had no further trade with him"; "he's a master of the business deal"
- bargain: an agreement between parties (usually arrived at after discussion) fixing obligations of each; "he made a bargain with the devil"; "he rose to prominence through a series of shady deals"
- Distribute or mete out (something) to a person or group
- Include a new player in a card game by giving them cards
Nik-N-Willie's Bake-N-Take Pizza
I thought this vacant building with the weird 50's style steeple might be a defunct wedding chapel. You know, one of those places just over the Nevada line where couples used to purchase one standard model wedding, including the dress, tux, witnesses, license, music, photos, ceremony, and maybe a good deal on a room and reception in nearby casino resorts. Very popular when people in a hurry slipped out of town (sometimes no doubt at shotgun point) to avoid the longer wait in California.
I still think that's how it started, but the only signs I could find indicated that it was formerly a Nik-N-Willie's Pizza place. You find these in Nevada. The one in Tahoe moved south of the Y, in California, near where the Angora Fire was last year. Locals love their pizza and I keep meaning to try it.
But that leaves this rather compelling old empty building. I don't know what the people from Lakeside, an adjacent hotel and casino, were up to. Presumably they own the property.
Next year I'm expecting some inspired weirdness from them. They'd better not let me down.
The Super 8
Super sketchy and open for business. This was our hotel for the five nights we were in Lake Tahoe. The room was very spacious but also very not expensive, which meant we had to deal with sweet stuff like the giant heater sticking out of the wall in the living room (and by giant, I mean it was the size of an NFL linebacker) and the fact that the bathroom had tile floors and no heat. Whatever, for 40 bucks a night, it was right in our financial wheelhouse.
extendend stay hotels
sven vintappare hotel stockholm
villa portofino hotel
hotel royal santina in rome
darling harbour accommodation
hotels in ashburn
the cape inn provincetown
hatherley manor hotel
zion park motel
hotel motel rooms
| TOP |